New Year, New Me

Hi guys. I've decided to start writing in English, just because I think writing in English sounds more interesting than in German. Also, my English started getting better and I'm slightly proud of that.

I spent Christmas time in Washington D.C., with actual relatives. We went watching a ballet version of "The Nutcracker" on the 24th, and I went to my first time ever mass in the evening. Even though I got sick, it was better than staying at home. After I came back from Washington, I moved in with my local coordinator for a few weeks.

It was a fun time, but it's quite a distance from my school, which meant I had to get up really early every morning. It made it possible for me to go skiing though. We had an amazing weekend in Galena, IL, not only in the snow, but also as a group. We went on Sunday morning, and stayed around town for that day. We walked around the town, shopping a little and eating dinner in a nice little Italian restaurant. After getting back to our hotel, we decided to take a swim in the indoor pool. It was lots of fun, evne though the water was cold. They had both a hot tub and a little slide, which helped entertaining us.

On Monday morning, we drove off early to have as much time on the hills as possible. I call it hills, because compared with the mountains we have back home, they really are small hills. I decided to go boarding, and I had a lot of fun. I talked to a lot of people on the slopes, and I got mistaken for a guy so many times, which was really funny for me and embarrassing for the others. I bought a whole lot of kit kats yesterday, and they turned out to be a great slope snack. The only thing that I found really annoying was that I missed out on going into the freestyle park.

We left pretty late in the evening, we had to make sure everything was packed in the morning, so we drove off home directly from the skiing resort. My local coordinator and I listened to a song that just came out called "Him & I" on our way back home, while the two boys that were riding with us were sleeping in the back. We arrived late, and all I did was throwing all my stuff on the floor, taking a shower and go to bed.

Kommentare

Beliebte Posts aus diesem Blog